Pregnancy? They say it’s the best thing in the world. Purpose of life. A miracle that brings life. You must be the happiest person on Earth. There’s no need to say that maybe most of it, or let’s say part of it, is true – it really is a miracle! But what about the time being pregnant?
In American movies there’s the pregnant woman, shining and feeling great, being beautiful and carrying the miracle of life as it’s the easiest thing that has ever happened to her. In reality? I guess for some women it is possible – it’s the same like in the movies. My reality? I’m being pregnant with all of the “extras”. It’s not just the hormones that are so famous for changing your moods in seconds. It’s the physical changes… And I’m not talking about the growing belly…
They say pregnancy is a period of time when you must enjoy yourself, relax, be calm, spoil yourself with things that you like. I agree! But try doing that while having all the symptoms…
Symptoms and changes:
- Morning sickness – nausea (it’s not only in the morning, trust me!);
- Heightened sense of smells;
- Lack of appetite;
- Tiredness and sleepiness;
- Frequent urination;
- Swollen breasts and breast tenderness;
- Emotional ups and downs – mood swings;
- Low blood pressure;
- Muscles pain;
- High pulse.
- Abdominal aches;
- High blood pressure;
- Discomfort all the time;
- Shortness of breath;
- Growing belly (people start noticing it);
- Big, large, great appetite;
- Bad dreams and sleeplessness;
- Quickening (it is awesome!!);
- Weight gain;
- Distractedness and lack of concentration;
- Leg cramps.
These are the symptoms that I have felt, but there are more as well. Each pregnancy is individual. For the last trimester I have done some research and I am going to describe the changes as it follows, but I still haven’t felt them (just so you know).
- Growing fatigue;
- Back pain;
- Swollen feet, legs and varicose veins;
- Braxton – Hicks contractions;
- Intense dreams;
- Breast enlargement;
- Weight gain.
Dear future Moms,
Good luck my darlings and remember – it will get better!
Photo by FreeJPG