Recently I found out that there are special playlists created for being in labor and giving birth. When I googled, I also found out that Spotify reports that more than 90,000 users have made them. Except for Spotify, in Youtube there is a great variety as well. You can listen to many playlists with relaxing music depending on your music taste.
However, there is one playlist that I am going to copy here. A NYC OB-GYN has partnered with Spotify to create a playlist for giving birth. “It has a good beat and you can push to it.” The name of the doctor is Dr. Jacques Moritz. If you are interested, you can find the playlist in Spotify, it is called Birthing Playlist.
Here is a list of the songs included:
1. Pearl Jam – Just Breathe
2. James Bay – Let It Go
3. Regina Spektor – Don’t Leave Me
4. Sigur Rós – Festival
5. Death Cab for Cutie – Transatlanticism
6. The Lumineers – Ho Hey
7. Norah Jones – Sunrise
8. Craft Spells – After the Moment
9. Xavier Rudd – Follow the Sun
10. Lucinda Williams – Fruits of My Labor
11. John Lennon – Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)
12. Colbie Caillat – Capri
13. D’Angelo – Really Love
14. Milton Nascimento – Nos Bailes Da Vida
15. Coldplay – Don’t Panic
16. Fleet Foxes – Your Protector
17. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Maps
18. Kygo Maty Noyes – Stay
19. P!nk – Try
20. Muse – Starlight
21. John Legend – All of Me – Tiesto’s Birthday Remix
22. David Bowie, Queen – Under Pressure
23. U2 – With or Without You
24. Wilco – Impossible Germany
25. Arcade Fire – Wake Up
26. R.E.M. – Night swimming
27. Patty Griffin – Heavenly Day
28. Iron & Wine – Naked As We Came
29. Beyoncé – Blue
30. Johann Sebastian Bach, Yo-Yo Ma – Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1
For those who want to pick their own music, there are some tips offered by Dr. Moritz:
- Choose comforting and familiar music so that the woman is as relaxed as she can be.
- Pick instrumentals because lyrics can be distracting when the woman needs to concentrate.
- Stock up. Plan on at least five hours, though 10 hours is better, especially for first-time moms.
- The playlist should be beautiful and make a woman feel that way.
Enjoy listening! 🙂